sprovoyeur is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Need help with Memo field text format

This is a re-word of a post a couple of days ago that did not get any responses. My sincere appologies for the re-post but I could really use some help and so hopefully I can explain the problem better here. I wasn't sure if I could re-submit the original post. I have a memo field formatted as Rich Text. If I enter data into that field on a form it looks fine. But if I try to read and use the data there are HTML tags in it. I went into VB and just set variable test1 = Me.Desc where Desc is the memo field. I set a breakpoint on it and looked at the contents. The text in the form shows "This is a test" but when I hover over Me.Desc it shows "<div>This is a test</div> and when I try to use the data it conatins the tags. For long entries it is much worse with many different tags like underline or list tags, etc. It renders whatever I type virtually useless to use later somewhere else. Can anyone help me out here? I have spent hours trying all sorts of different options and property settings. I could set the field to plain text but I really want the rich text features without the tags? I have got to be making a bisic mistake here somewhere.

cementblocks is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    You can't have rich text without the rich text tags. That is how it works.

You can use the PlainText function which returns the rich text stripped of the tags.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.