bbrazeau is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Calculated field does not respond to event meant to check syncronization

I have attached a pdf of a screen shot that has a lot of the details of what I'm talking about. I have a typical Orders, Product, Order Details setup. I have added a field in the Orders table that has the total. I know this violates "Normal" table design in that you don't store anything that can be calculated, however, Product cost which is used in the calculation and comes from a separate table changes frequently and I'd rather retain a static historical value of what the order total was. My issue is with a bound textbox field on the main form not responding to any event I try to use to inform the user that the totals are not sync'd up. As I am working through this I am sending a message, but in reality I'd just like the "OrderSubTotal" field to display in red if not sync'd. I have tried the code shown on many of the different events associated with the textbox and none seem to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    The events of a calculated textbox don't fire like you're expecting. They fire when the user changes the value in that control directly. You'll need to do your process from wherever the user is entering data.

By the way, typically you would store the product cost with the transaction, thus avoiding when the cost in the products table changes. You wouldn't store the order total.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

bbrazeau is offline Competent Performer
    Thank you pbaldy. I see the error of my ways. I am fixing that issue tonight. I wonder if I could ask 1 more question? (see attached pdf again)How would I make the inner highlighted form line up with the outer highlighted border?
    I've done searches and all the solutions that I seem to find require VB coding. It seem to me as though when you drag and drop a form onto a tab control the default response should be to "Maximize " or have the form fill the entire space available? (access 2007)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Check the Anchor values for the form you wish to "fill" up. You should try setting vertical and horizontal anchors to both. Then the form will keep the sized used relative to the one you have used in design view.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.