Tadpole is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Can't use Forms 2.0 controls after Office Upgrade

Hello,

Recently our office programs were updated. Now I am unable to add any Form 2.0 controls to my forms. The existing Form 2.0 controls have turned white and they are unusable. When I attempt to add a Forms 2.0 control I get: "My Form Name" doesn't support this ActiveX Control. I've tried reg/unregistering the FM20.dll but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Tad

June7 is online now VIP
    I have never used a 'Form 2.0' control. Why are you?

What programs were updated? Have you searched web for this issue? I just did and there is lots of info but wading through it for your specific issue is not simple. This looks interesting http://www.dllerrorrepair.net/tag/fm20-dll/
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I've always used Form 2.0 controls with Access forms. Our IT department runs updates occasionally. I noticed the controls quit working right after one of the updates. I'm not sure what type of update was being applied. I have searched the web quite a bit and have found nothing that helps. I'm wondering if this could be related to some type of security patch. I have checked the settings for ActiveX controls in Access and have found that all ActiveX controls are enabled without restriction.

June7 is online now VIP
    Are you able to create any other type of ActiveX control?

I just tried an ActiveX button. Lot less events to choose from but GotFocus works just fine. Cannot replicate the issue.

Can you test on a machine that does not have this update? If you want to provide db, I will test.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I'm not able to insert any ActiveX controls. Just trying to insert the control gives me an error. When the updates were going around, those machines that got the update had ActiveX errors while the rest of us could use the controls just fine. After the update, none of us could use the controls. This is on all of our Access databases, not just one. I just created a blank database and it will not allow me to add ActiveX controls to a Form. If you want that I can send it.

June7 is online now VIP
    Well, at this point probably would not be productive. I have no problem using ActiveX controls. So the issue is with your computer setup as you already posited. Need to talk to IT support. Find out exactly what software was updated. See if they will set up a computer that does not have this update so you can test the db in order to confirm.

Otherwise, modify db to eliminate the ActiveX controls.

My computer receives regular MS Windows updates and has not impacted Access functionality.

Yes, I'm pursuing IT guys to try to figure out what happened. Thanks for the help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.