sprtrmp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Is it possible to add a blank record (or line) after the Records in a report

Looked all over for an answer to this one, and I have seen the question asked several times, but no answer fits my situation.

I have a form that lists equipment assigned to individual employees. one employee may have 3 items issued to them, another employee may have 10 items issued.

Problem is, I have to show these items on a standard government form with 22 lines on it. So, if one guy has 3, there would need to be 18 blank lines following HIS list, while the guy with 10 items would have 12, etc.

the form has a subform in the in the detail section that contains some formatting (vertical lines, mostly) that when all 22 records/lines are printed, they match the continuous vertical lines on the form, so I cant really add a truly BLANK line, it would have to be a copy of the line formatted on the subform (clear as mud?)

I am pretty sure I can work out the variables and the code to do a loop, but what I haven't been able to find is an explanation of just how to add a single blank line or record.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance!!

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    For a Govt. form I would recommend exporting as text and printing the text file or using a Word Doc as a template. You can use Word to connect to the data via Merge Fields.

sprtrmp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    For various reasons, I would prefer to do it all in Access

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtrmp View Post
    For various reasons, I would prefer to do it all in Access
    Because I am comfortable with VBA I would probably use DAO to append records to a temp table. Then base the report of the temp table. If you do not want to do that, then you will have to get real creative with a query.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    this is one of those situations where a crosstab will probably fit the bill - fixed and known number of columns, name them say box1, box2 etc. Any unused ones will be null

then just lay them out where you require them.

Depending on the complexity of the data (i.e. address subreports etc, you could just make this bit a subreport as well).

If the form can be scanned in as a jpeg, use this as a background to your report and you can ensure everything lines up nicely. Then remove the background - or perhaps you can submit it as is without having to feed the printer with the necessary paper.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.