Sue1531 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Printing 2 copies of a form from different trays (one from each tray) on an hp8610 printer

I am running a Microsoft Access 2013 database which contains information that I need to print on two sheets of paper on two colors. I have an HP8610 printer with two trays. I loaded tray 1 with white paper and tray 2 with pink paper. I have a print button at the top of my form. When I click on the print button I want the current form I am working on two print that form on two sheets of paper, one from tray 1 (white) and one from tray 2 (pink). Any ideas on how to program??

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    It is likely you will need to create two separate Report Objects, one for each tray. Use the properties in the Report's Page Setup dialog box to go after the printer's properties.

Go to Page Setup and then click the Page tab. Now, select "Use Specific Printer" and click the "Printer..." button. Here, you will find the physical printer's dialog for its properties. It is likely you will have to use an Advanced button to go after the specifics.

You should be able to save the Report object and have the Report Object retain the advanced settings. Having said that, this sort of thing can be very fickle and your mileage may vary.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.