KingOf206 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

WHy does my report keep "Stalling" ?

I have a database where when you open it up a pop up form appears.

When I click on "ALT STATS" it takes you to a secondary pop up form. And on that form I click on "End OF Day Report". When I click on this report it just stalls and I am unable to open it up.

Can someone help tell me why it does this?

any help would be appreciated.

PS. My data comes from a "Linked Excel file" which I keep on my systems network so there wont be any data to pull. I am mainly looking for connection issues and why the report it self keeps stalling.

ALT_ElectionStats.zip

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    Difficult to help you without data. Try importing the file to a local table instead of using the link and see if it is the report itself that is causing the issue or the connection to the file.

]
    Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    Difficult to help you without data. Try importing the file to a local table instead of using the link and see if it is the report itself that is causing the issue or the connection to the file.
    Here is some sample data link this excel file to my database that I attached and it should work.

[ATTACH]26395[/ATTACH
    Attached Files Attached Files

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Downloaded the db and spreadsheet, put both in same folder. Ran database, deleted the linked file from the M drive, linked the one from my drive, renamed it, and ran the report from the form. It ran instantly, quite a few pages.
    You might consider copying the Excel file from the server and linking it locally.
    Last edited by davegri; 11-12-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: comment after test

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    Did you try my suggestion? I cannot reproduce your problem, with it as an imported file or as linked. Does anyone else have that file open while you are trying to run the report? That will create the "stalling" while Access waits for exclusive access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    Downloaded the db and spreadsheet, put both in same folder. Ran database, deleted the linked file from the M drive, linked the one from my drive, renamed it, and ran the report from the form. It ran instantly, quite a few pages.
    You might consider copying the Excel file from the server and linking it locally.
    I tried to copy the excel file to my desktop and linked it from there. However I was unsuccessful. You have any other suggestions?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    However I was unsuccessful.
    Unsuccessful at the download or unsuccessful linking or ??? Any error messages?
    If you hover over the table names in the navigation pane, it should show where the linked file is, drive, path, name.
    Last edited by davegri; 11-12-2016 at 11:16 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    Unsuccessful at the download or unsuccessful linking or ??? Any error messages?

If you hover over the table names in the navigation pane, it should show where the linked file is, drive, path, name.

I still have the same issue as before. I run the report (button that says "end of day report") and the report does show but it stalls and freezes once it loads. I am unable to view anything below what it shows and access just freezes up. What does this mean ?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    What does this mean ?
    Don't know. Neither aytee111 or I have that problem. You might go to control panel programs and features and try to reinstall/repair Office. Other than that, I have no suggestions.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Try
    -database compact/repair
    -renaming your report by appending OLD to its name, then bring in the report from the sample db you created. I'm thinking the original report might be corrupted, hence the compact/repair suggestion. The sample db report might be OK, which could explain why it works for others.
    There are a few conditions that might provide clues:
    Is this the only report that does this (assuming you have others to work with)?
    Does it freeze at the header? Detail section? Which view, report or print? OK in design view?
    The rest of Access is OK?
    I wouldn't monkey around with Office just yet.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.