osupratt is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 98/ME Access 2007

subform footer sum not updating or refreshing

I have an application that we currently run in RemoteApp and Desktop Connection or what we call RDS. I have a main data entry form with an invoice section subform. continuous form with a calculated field in the footer. SUM([quatity]*[unit price]). So the detail lines of this subform will calculate for the linetotal correctly. You just can't see the SUM in the forms footer. If you go to the top in the Home tab and click 'refresh all' the subform total appears. I've tried dirty=false, requery, recalc, and nothing is working. When I run this application outside of our RemoteApp/RDS system the total shows fine. Could someone point me to the right direction of what this could be. Version of MS Access possibly. I am the one that created the application but do not work in my corporate IT department that handles all updates, versions, etc. They have looked at this for a week and are just telling our admin's to click the 'refresh all' which really isn't a fix to me. Help!?

Gina Maylone is offline Always learning
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    At one point do you want the total to refresh? Once the unit price is entered?

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    When I run this application outside of our RemoteApp/RDS system the total shows fine.
    The one that works outside of that system is an EXACT copy or is the EXACT same database as the one that doesn't work? I suspect your subform reference is incorrect; Access will handle the reference when you click the ribbon refresh button. Post that too when you answer GM's question, or check these subform references against yours:
    [Forms]![Main form name]![subform control name].[Form]![control name on subform] (to reference control on subform)
    Forms("MainFormName").Controls("subformControlName ").Form.formProperty (to reference a subform property - replace bold with Recordsource for example)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.