moodhi is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

MS ListView Control for office 2013

Hi there,

Its been a long time since I designed and developed a comprehensive MS Access application which contained a ListView control. However when moved the app to windows 7 the ListView control did not work. After browsing for solution I first unregistered the existing MSCOMCTL.OCX then copied the version from the 32 bit machine, registered and the ListView worked fine. However, I have now got a new PC with windows 10 and office 2013. Once again the ListView is not recognised, so I have copied a version of previously used MSCOMCTL.OCX, registered BUT its still complaining about control NOT registered. Note: on windows 10, MSCOMCTL.OCX was not present, i.e. I did not have to unregister it first.

Would appreciate if someone could help please?

Thanks.

bigot is offline Advanced...ish
    I'm not an expert in this field, but I've had a similar problem. I fixed it by unregistering the control (in both 32 and 64 bit regsvr), then re-registering it with both (one might fail). Give that a try!

moodhi is offline Novice
    Well, believe it or not the App I developed some time back is still being used. But now that the world has moved on to windows 10 or even further I am having problems with ListView control. (I know what you are saying - why using Office 2010?). Simply can't be bothered to redesign and redevelop everything.

When I copied my app from windows 7 to windows 10 laptop initially the ListView control did not work. I tried un-registering and registering 32 bit version of the OCX but no luck. However some time later I discovered that it started to work. I can only assume that regular updates from Microsoft did the trick. So it proves that even the legacy 32 bit App (ListView control) can and does work on windows 10 but when I copy the App from this laptop (windows 10) to another windows 10 laptop the ListView does NOT work. Therefore, I would really appreciate if someone cam let me the steps to make legacy ListView control to work on windows 10 please?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.