Lukael is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Minimizing Modal forms

Hi,

I am trying to make an access DB to be nice and good looking when launched.

I have found a neat solution on YouTube (many thanks to Avikash Nadan), where you create "background" popup form, which you open & maximize on opening DB, and then display another popup form (Main Menu form), which is MODAL.
    From here you can also navigate to other forms and display them in middle of screen, without losing background form.

Solution is nice, but one problem: You can't minimize & maximize windows, just quit app. And background form is inactive, since Main Form is modal.

I have tried to write some code that would let me minimize all forms and them bring them up again in same method as opening DB when I would maximize Access window - no success, so far just minimizing works :

Code:
    Private Sub Command6_Click()

Dim b As Boolean

b = Forms("Main_Menu").Modal
    Forms("Main_Menu").Modal = False

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAppMinimize
    End Sub
    Can this be even done - triggering event when Access window is being maximized by user??

Please take a look at this sample before posting, you'll see what I'm looking for !

P.S.: Any other advices for nice-looking solutions for Access DB are welcomed also ! I just want forms to look like a form (no blank spaces on right) and view without tables, ribbon - appearance like app
    Attached Files Attached Files

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Pop-Up and Modal properties have a specific purpose. What I do is use tabbed forms but remove the tabs. You can do this via Access' Options. Under Current Database > Document Window Options and then un-tick 'Display Document Tabs' while Tabbed Documents is selected.

I would rather prefer design as in my post#1 than tabbed forms. So you think maximizing forms to what they looked before minimizing is not possible ?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I think you are using the modal property incorrectly. If you do not want to use tabbed forms, you can use overlapping windows. You can then decide which forms to maximize and which forms to disable features like Minimize, Close, etc.

I tried different approach, and It suits my needs :

1. I set all forms to non-popup;

2. In options>Current Database I have un-ticked "display status bar", "display navigaton pane" and changed to overlapping windows;

3. In Load_Event of first form to open added this line "DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo" - to hide Access ribbon;

4. Set all forms with none border style, Autocenter yes, and all other desired properties to have same look as in sample of post#1;

With this setting everything works fine in full screen, but problems are:

- you can't change background colour for forms;
    - when using same solution on different monitor resolutions, forms are not centered (I will handle this with VBA for different monitors - just simple Me.Move Left and Top property for each form);

As I searched, this is most convenient way for Access 2010 If you want to make DB look like an app. I hope this will help someone else too, usually everybody uses only one screen resolutions.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.