tuna is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Force user to enable macros

Hi, I've created a login form, but it's currently rendered useless by the Access 2007 security bar when opening the database, which disables the VBA in my form. Also, it puts a close button on the corner of my form which gives any user the option to access my data. Is there any way round this? I have already tried:

1) Fiddle with trust centre settings - this is not an option since a user could take the database to a different PC and the security bar would come back.

2) Change the VBA security setting in the registry - not an option since this would be done on form load via VBA, which is disabled.

I was thinking that maybe there is a way to invoke the security dialogue to prompt the user to enable macros or else immediately close the database.

Thanks very much.

hi

1) Change the extesão to ACCDR. If you cancel the activation, the access is closed.

2) You can use the currentproject.istrusted in the AutoExec macro to check if security is active. With this you can prevent the opening of the database or guide the user how to activate the macro.

3) you can write code in VBA "opportunist". If you enable the macro, the code is first run and configure a security location.
    Despite being in Portuguese (use google to translate) has an example with code.

http://www.usandoaccess.com.br/tutor...sp?id=1#inicio

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.