Sabre28 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Exchange linked tables connection error

I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Access 2010 (2007 file format).

I adopted this application, and we had the Outlook folders linked fine. Our admin then moved the exchange to the cloud on office 365, and while outlook, given new creds connects, access can no longer connect to any folders except one. two people spent too many hours determining what was different about this mailbox, but to no avail.

all i get now is the error as seen in the attachment.

Has anyone encountered this particular problem, or know where i can get more details of the error?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    How are you creating the link to your Email? I have been able to link to folders in Outlook using VBA and MAPIFolder objects. I have used the same VBA for Exchange and POP3.

Sabre28 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Right now i am just using the external data wizard on the menu. I am also looking at this from the exchange side, since other mailboxes work. I inherited this project, and I am hoping that i do not have to do much to get this going again.

Thanks for the VBA tip, i will take that into hopefully it wont come to that, its been years since i did vba...

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre28 View Post
    Right now i am just using the external data wizard on the menu...
    There were changes with the Email Wizard in Access 2010 and again with Access 2013. If you are using Office 2010 on one machine and use the Wizard to link to Email, it should work, regardless of the Email host. If you change stuff up, the linked email will fail.

If you have Office 2010 on your machine and link to your Outlook 2010 from Access 2010, I would expect it to work. If you add another Email account to your Outlook 2010 and the account is hosted by Exchange Online Office 365, you will need to run the Wizard again. You will need to run the wizard against the new account added to Outlook 2010.

I am not an expert with the Wizard. I will sometimes play around with it to familiarize myself with new Wizard features. However, I suspect your issue is with the fact that you no longer have Outlook 2010 as your Email client or you have not tried to run the Wizard against your Outlook 2010 since it has been revised.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.