todavy is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Word product catalog from Access 2007 data

I would like to make a Word product catalog from product data stored in an Access 2007 database. How do I make the connection and how do I make the text and images display in the word document with the images right aligned and anchored with the text paragraph (how to set other attributes for the images as well)? See image below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	access_word.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	22388

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    You might try using merge fields. Not sure exactly how much data is in Access compared to how much data the final Word doc will contain. Exporting a report might work, also.

This post and subsequent posts here might help with the MergeField thing.
    https://www.accessforums.net/reports...tml#post276334

todavy is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    "Merge fields" worked well for the text, but I don't understand how to use it for making an image from the image paths. Do you know how that would work? You asked about the data amount. Well its about 50 products for each Word document and each jpg-image is about 100-100 kB (but they are not stored in the database). Access report worked but lacked the function of wrapping the text around the images (right aligned images) as in the example above. The wrapping will save alot of space, paper and make it look better.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    I do not have any experience placing image objects onto a Word Doc. I imagine it would be similar to placing a table onto a Word doc and there are examples how to do that in the links I provided. In the examples for the table, there are explanations how to assign values to the table's cells. I suspect you could do something similar to assign an image path to an image control in a word doc. If I was trying to do this, I would use VBA and early binding. I would depend on intellisense and MSDN documentation to understand the members of the image control in Word.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.