tdelios is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

On Format Event Code Not Working Properly Using Character Map Characters On Labels

Hi All..

I have a a few labels on my report that have the visible property set to FALSE.

Within my OnFormat event, depending on what the value is within the record will trigger each one of the label's visibility to be TRUE (else FALSE).

Right now I am using the capital 'X' in the "caption" property for each one of these labels.

But I really want to use the character ▌ that I found in the character map for the caption. The problem is that the OnFormat event does not want to use this ▌ character for some reason in the report. What ends up happening is that my entire report comes out blank as if there was no character in the caption field.

So my overall 2 questions I have are:

1. How can I get the ▌ character to be visible in my report using the OnFormat code and caption property on the label?
    2. are Character Map characters allowed to be used in Access?

thanks
    tom

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have copy/pasted characters from the character map (usually the degree symbol) and it prints in label or textbox control.

Exactly what character set is the ▌character from?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Have you tried typing | into the Caption property of the label via the Properties Sheet while in Design View of your Report?

tdelios is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I have copy/pasted characters from the character map (usually the degree symbol) and it prints in label or textbox control.

Exactly what character set is the ▌character from?

It's the 'Arial' from the front character set drop down list in the character map..

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have no problem printing that character in label (but not in textbox). Cannot replicate issue.

Did not test with code to set visibility. Don't think that should make difference. Suggest you test this character in a label set to always display.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.