Reda2 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Form locks up when opening file in bound object frame

I have a form that the user uses to enter the customer details such as Name, address, etc. One of those fields are an ID scan, now when they have scanned the image I want the user to be able to insert it into the form, so I used a bound object frame in the form and the user can copy and paste the file into that, that works perfectly and the icon of it shows on the bound object frame.

The problem I'm having is when the user double clicks the bound object frame to view the scanned image, it opens but then when you close the image the form is locked, it does not respond to any mouse clicks or anything, the bound object frame just has diagonal lines across it. View image below to see what I mean, the image below shows how it ends up and I can't for example press on textboxes or even press buttons.

Does any of you know why this is happening and how I can fix it?
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    I was not aware that Access allowed copy/paste into Object Frame. Exactly what is being copy/pasted - the file from Windows Explorer? This Object Frame is bound to OLEObject field? I tested all this and yes, get the behavior you describe. However, I am able to X close the form. I check the table and doesn't show anything in the OLEObject field. I reopen the form and nothing shows in the Object Frame. I don't think really can use copy/paste. Right click on the Object Frame > Insert Object > Create from file > navigate to file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    alternatively don't store the image in the db, just the path to it in a text field then set the controlsource to your image control be the field which contains the path

Reda2 is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    alternatively don't store the image in the db, just the path to it in a text field then set the controlsource to your image control be the field which contains the path
    How can I do that?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    as stated - store the path (e.g. C:\images\someinage.jpg) in a text field e.g. call it imagepath (as opposed to an image in an OLE Object field)

then bind your image control to the text field (by setting the controlsource to the text field - e.g. imagepath)

June7 is offline VIP
    I've never used OLEObject field or Object Frame control. Suggested options:

1. store image in Attachment type field

2. store in text type field, file path to external image

In both cases, bind Image control to the field. See post 6 in https://www.accessforums.net/forms/c...tos-55375.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Reda2 is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I've never used OLEObject field or Object Frame control. Suggested options:

1. store image in Attachment type field

2. store in text type field, file path to external image

In both cases, bind Image control to the field. See post 6 in https://www.accessforums.net/forms/c...tos-55375.html

Thank you very much, I could not have asked for a better solution, again thank you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.