BCW is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Form comes up with record "2" instead of current record when called from parent form

I just upgraded from Access 2003 to 2007. I have a .adp file pointing to a DB on SQL 2k5 Express.

I have two tables, Issues and IssueJournal, with IssueID as the primary key of Issues and a foreign key in IssueJournal. I have a tabular form, "Issues List", listing all records in Issues. I added a button that calls "Issues Main Form" which is a detail form about the selected issue. I created the form using the button wizard and selected IssueID as the linking field. I have used this technique many times successfully in Access 2003 for this file. Now the detail form always comes up with IssueID equal to "2" in Issues, rather than the selected record, regardless of which record I am on in the Issues List form.

The Issues Main Form is also called from an opening menu directly from a button. It always opens on record 2, regardless of where it is called from. What would a likely place be that "sticks" it on record 2 rather than the first record or the called record when calling from another form?
    Last edited by BCW; 05-04-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Wrong Title

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.