Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Alexieoo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry What's wrong with my PK's? I think each table defines a unique string? I don't think I will be using all the tables in my dB like tblFollowups, if so needs alot of work. And I was wondering what other many things may be wrong with the dB aswell? Are these personal preferences or do you see potential issues with the design in the future? Thanks for all your feed back.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Nothing drastically "wrong"/"bad". As I said, it is not my style.
    I don't ever use a string type field as a PK field. And I never use a compound PK field. Not that either break a 'Law". It is just that I have found doing either caused me problems (sooner or later).

Also, I don't use spaces, punctuation or special characters in object names (field/table/query/report/module names). If you ever want/have to 'upsize' to SQL Express, you will have lots of changes due to the requirements of SQL Server (Express) or MySQL, etc..

Just my preferences - the way I was taught and how I developed my programming 'style'.

Thanks I have taken your comments into much consideration. This isn't the final design. The dB I have here is primarily going to be used for the filter. Anyhow, I was wondering if you could let me know how to fix so that when I use the filter it shows multiple records at once in a list? Rather than just show one at a time (refer to screenshot). Thank you very much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recordsissue.jpg  

I was wondering if you could let me know how to fix so that when I use the filter it shows multiple records at once in a list?
    Change the Default view from "Single Form" to "Continuous Forms" (refer to screenshot)

Attachment 22393

Thank you very much. You guys have been of very notable help on this forum.

I was wondering if I wanted to create a list box or combobox in form for data input is there anything wrong with just typing in the values that I want or should there be a reference table to provide the values? For example: for the box "Sex" I have MC, M, F, and FS. Should there be a tblRefSexType?

Greetings,

After some time I have been simplifying my DB is optimize it for the users. I can't seem to figure out why I am getting this error when I try to join the two fields. Usually when I got this error it was because something was misspelled or missing from either tables. I have tediously gone through both courses of action to try and correct them but I am still receiving this error... Any advice?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whhhhyy.jpg  

Is "tblPatientVisits.SurgicalProcedure" a Long or Text field?
    Is "tblProcedure.Procedure" a Long or a text field?

If both fields are the same type, then there is an entry in the many table that is not in the one table.

To file the offending data, create a query, add the two tables and create a join between the two related fields.
    Add "tblPatientVisits.SurgicalProcedure" and "tblProcedure.Procedure" to the grid.

Double click on the link and change the option to #3 (I think).
    It should be: "Include ALL records from 'tblPatientVisits' and only those records from 'tblProcedure' where the joined fields are equal".

Execute the query. Any record where "tblProcedure.Procedure" is NULL is not in "tblProcedure" (the one table).

Add the entry/entries in the "tblPatientVisits.SurgicalProcedure" to "tblProcedure.Procedure" and try again setting the relationship with RI again......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.