RAshA.pro777 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Access2010 to ODBC

Hello i have a big access database , hmmm, like 55 table and 67 forms and 33 reports , etc , now i have problem that i cannot converted it to odbc and then use inno compiler,
    I don't wont any user to see the vba and sql source code and don't wont them to make changes on my database forms.... I just wont them for data entry... So , how can i view just the forms..... Thank for any help

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Why would anyone change the forms? Or anything?
    Most users dont understand Access, let alone be able to edit.

If you cannot compile, try hiding the DB upon opening (via autoexec macro)
    DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
    docmd.openform "fMainMenu"

the db will be invisible except what the opening form lets you get to.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I do not understand what you mean by convert to ODBC. If you want to hide VBA, convert to accde.

There are various techniques used to prevent Users from goofing around with tables and other objects. I use a combination of Options and VBA code to hide things.

Can you tell me please, what do you use to hide tables and vba from others.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    When I develop applications I use several different folders. One folder will represent a specific stage in development. For instance, I may have a folder named MasterFE where I can store an accde file that has been locked down and is safe to distribute. Another folder might be named lockdown. I might use a folder like lockdown to place a copy of my work and prepare the copy for migration to MasterFE.

With a copy I will go to Options and hide the navigation pane. I will also place code to hide the ribbon that will run at startup.
    Code:
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
    Another thing I do is execute some code that will bypass the shift key. All of these actions are in an effort to prevent users from accessing Options. In order to bypass the Shift key, I use the function that can be found in this link ( Steps for an Access database ).
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/826765

You will definitely want to practice on a copy and determine what various things are actually accomplishing. You will have to implement them in a specific order. Oh and, publishing to an accde will remove the VBA. Before attempting to convert to accde, you will need to compile your VBA from the VBA editor.

Thank you so much, soooo much

Unfortunately ,i have windows 64-bit system ... and I can not convert the database to accdb....

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Unfortunately ,i have windows 64-bit system ... and I can not convert the database to accdb....
    You really need to get your terminology right if you want help - you develop in .accdb and save as a .accde so what you are saying here does not make sense.

I also have 64bit windows running 32bit access and can save as .accde without a problem. I suspect you cannot save as .accde because you have errors in your code - to check it has no errors, you need to compile the code in the vba window (under the debug option). You should also have 'Option Explicit' just below 'Option Compare Database' in each module to ensure you have declared all your variables

Sory i mean accde

Hi all, my windows is 7 with 64 bit, so I can't prevent unauthorized user from access to my database , how can i let them access just forms.... I convert it to accde and i run compile Heeeeeelp please

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    You really need to get your terminology sorted out as Ajax has suggested.
    From a 30000 foot view of your posts, you appear to have a "pathological" fear of someone seeing some vba or forms. If absolute security to prevent anyone from seeing specific objects is required, then perhaps Access is not suited to your needs, or, said differently - you are concerned with something that most would not be.
    Given that you could have a login/password set up, have converted to accde, have a bypass on Shift Key etc, I think you should do some research with a practice database or 2 as ItsMe has suggested.
    Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.