bhatti is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2002

Code language

I am just curious about Access programming.I saw some applications created in MS Access.I used their utilities which are amazing.I wanted to know how how this works from the back end.I came to know that their is a code written in the back.I tried repeatedly to understand the language of codes but in vein. My QUESTION is what is the name of that language coz i found many languages like,Visual Basic .NET

Visual C# .NET

Visual C++ .NET

Visual J++

I just wanted to know which language should I learn to create business applications in Access like,accounting applications,Payroll,Fixed Assets Modules, Students Database etc.

I hope I have conveyed what I wanted to know.and I would like to be guided only by programmers.

Waiting for a quick and complete answer

Best Regards
    Bhatti

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I'm not clear on the whole question, but the code language native to Access is VBA; Visual Basic for Applications.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    any that you like- there is no fixed answer - all depends on your enquirements

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Also be aware that VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) comes in different flavors...one for each Application! VBA for Access is different than VBA for Excel.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't think the differences are great. I did find that VBA for Excel does not recognize Nz() function. Discovered that because I had queries in Access using Nz() and when I tried to have Excel VBA open a recordset of that query, it erred. Had to change the query to eliminate Nz() - I know, really shouldn't use it at all in query but it is so convenient.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    In addition to functions that are available in one version but not another version, a number of functions in both Access and Excel VBA that have identical names, but operate differently!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

June7 is online now VIP
    The only one I have encountered close to that scenario is Round(). Round() in Excel worksheet works different from Round() in VBA but it is the same in both VBA.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

amrut is offline Expert
    I just wanted to know which language should I learn to create business applications in Access like,accounting applications,Payroll,Fixed Assets Modules, Students Database etc.
    You need to learn MS ACCESS. It is as simple as that. You have to learn to write code(VBA as mentioned by experts) or create Macros. All the other languages you mentioned can create similar applications wherein you do not require to learn MS Access.

Perceptus is offline Expert
    You can start with VBA. If VBA wont achieve what you want you can extend your application using COM. You can Expose .net DLL to COM if need be(although it can be really really slow sometimes).

I have not run into anything business wise that you can't achieve through VBA.

bhatti is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    You need to learn MS ACCESS. It is as simple as that. You have to learn to write code(VBA as mentioned by experts) or create Macros. All the other languages you mentioned can create similar applications wherein you do not require to learn MS Access.
    In simple I want to learn the coding language behind the MS Access because I like very much the applications which I have used during my work in different companies.those include payroll,accounting system ,fixed assets system , these all were created in Access.Loved those and wana learn to create them on my own.

June7 is online now VIP
    Those applications you experienced might have used Access for storing data but that does not guarantee they used Access to build the interface or vice versa. Access could have been the frontend and some other db the backend - such as SQLServer or Oracle. Most likely it was Access frontend with VBA programming and other db as backend.

https://www.accessforums.net/program...vba-55244.html

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.