LoriWhit is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Macro for Parameter Value from Form automatically into report?

In a form – attached to a button I have written an embedded macro to OpenReport/RunCommand [Print]/Close Report -- 7 times. I am printing 7 different reports but all have the same criteria (primary key – which is how they are looked up in their querry - which is their record source). I would like to further automate the process by not having to type in the Parameter Value between each page printing – is there a way for the Parameter Value in the form I am in to be automatically entered into the Parameter Value for the Reports I am printing – so that my production manager doesn't have to sit at her computer and type it in each time??-{ she likes to take breaks - go figure}??
    And to take it even a step farther is it possible when printing to pdf printer – that the file name be automatically entered as the report name? Okay – the aforementioned would really just be icing – My production manager could live without that one – but it would be a sweet bonus for her.

I am not an Access 2007 Guru and am sorry but do not understand code. So it would help if the format of answer included exactly where to put the statement, Action, argument or condition within the property sheet (events).
    Example:
    TO OPEN A REPORT
    Action: OpenReport
    Argument: [Select Report Name you wish to open]
    NEXT TO PRINT
    Action: RunCommand
    Argument: Select Print
    NEXT TO CLOSE
    Action: Close
    Argument: [Select Report Name you wish to close]
    Any help would be much appreciated…. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you...
    Lori

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Personally I would use this technique:

BaldyWeb wherecondition

which uses VBA code. If you're unfamiliar with that, here's a start:

http://www.baldyweb.com/FirstVBA.htm

The OpenReport macro action has a similar argument, if you want to stick with macros.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

LoriWhit is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks Paul -- I think that will all help.. But, I still don't know where to right it.????

I have 7 strings of

Open Report
    Print Report
    Close Report

in the Macro -- where do I write the code??? so that it will select the proper record for each report???

These may be silly questions - but I do not understand how to program - but, have been able to write a pretty functional database that we have been using for the past year and it's works well - but now I want to make it sing.... this will help...

THanks,
    Lori

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    As I said, I would use VBA code rather than the macro. In any case, even in the macro you only need one line per report. The OpenReport action has an argument that determines whether the report opens for viewing or is sent to the printer (the View argument). The Where Condition argument is where you'd give it the parameter. I don't use macros, so you'll have to look in help at the macro action for the syntax. On my site I gave you the syntax for VBA code.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.