vimkumar is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Tracker Database

Hello All,

I am new to access and planning to work on a database for my firm, wherein all the activities are updated by in the Tables (this will be a Admin. role) and the front-end users should be able to use only the records / tasks which are assigned to them.

If any one has a database created like this can you please send it to me. it would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    vimkumar

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    I would look through the access templates (visible when you first open access) or look online for more templates (just google 'access templates' or similar)

In terms of database design, this link provides hundreds of examples

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_...all_models.htm

vimkumar is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Hi,

I am looking for a query / macro which will fetch me data from a table into a user form based upon multiple search in another form.

My search criteria in one form is Processor (A, B or C based upon the selection in the form), Status (pending, completed, no action), allocated date (based upon selection) and process (Running, jumping or swimming again based upon selection) as a result of this query i want the data to come in another form.

can you please help me with this.

regards,
    vimkumar

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    this is a different subject to your original thread and regret I don't have time right now to provide detailed help.

If you look at the bottom of this thread you will find links to a number of other threads with a similar requirement (in this case tracker database).

So suggest you start a new thread titled something like 'open form with criteria from another form'. You will see relevant threads at the bottom and responders will have a better idea what it is you are asking for.

Note that there are numerous ways of doing multiple searches so you will need to provide a lot of detail if you want detailed help.

All I can tell you right now is that you will need to use the docmd.openform method and can set the criteria you require there. Here is a link to tell you more about docmd.openform

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../ff820845.aspx

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.