Paul H is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time (Sorry to post this)

I really hate posting this old canard, but none of the solutions I have persued have worked yet. Here's my story.

The FE/BE database I am upgrading has locked up on me and won't let me save any changes. Just previous to this happening I had linked a Word document to the front end. Then the messages started appearing. "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time", yada, yada, yada. No worries yet. I went about closing all related files, Word, Access, Front End, Back End and then reopened the Front End, but still got the same messages. I've tried everything I could think of, Compact and Repair, check for laccb files, Opening Exclusively, rebooting, nothing worked. This database resides on my C: drive. Nobody else is using it right now except me. I'm about ready to suck everything out of it right now into a new accdb file. Actually, I just tried that and THAT didn't work either. Not a happy camper right now.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What happens if you import everything except the Word link to a new frontend file?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Paul H is offline Expert
    Update: There is some code running in the On Open event of the log in form. When I bypass this code I no longer get the warning. I merged two related front ends this morning. I know it's connect, but won't track it down till tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Paul H is offline Expert
    I think it's completely unrelated (which it should be) to the Word document. There was some code I had to tip toe around to even get this db to open when I first received it. I'll spare you the details, but the database was trying to open itself as a result of my hack using DAO. I've been working full time on this for three days, but up till now seemed to work. It was just a matter of time before it happened. The DAO code now references the back end which was improperly labeled. I feel fairly confident I've fixed the problem, but it took thinking it through outloud here to find it.

More drama. This is the first database I've tried to debug in about a year.

Thanks for listening.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.