Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

magical disappearing macros

i am so frustrated.
    I converted the forms macros to vba for reason I can't even remember. ever since then, my macros for the forms comboboxes have disappeared. the screwy part is that the comboboxes still work, I just cant open the macros to change them. When I create more boxes with the wizard and the same situation appears, works but cant change them. on different forms, I can view and change the macros, but when I create them, they work and I cant view them.
    Can somebody please help me!? I am at a complete loss.
    I can't upload the database in full as it has way to much sensitive information spread throughout. I exported the problem form to a new database and unploaded it. if you cant replicate the problem then I guess it would be a setting with my personal setup.

EDIT- whoops, I forgot I had subforms in there. either way, when I download the attachment and open it alone the problem is still there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't use macros to begin with, learned VBA first.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

attached to the main post.
    I'm not a fan of macros either, its just easier for certain things like automation through the wizard.

June7 is offline VIP
    There are no comboboxes. Are they supposed to be on the suborms which were not included? Also no data tables included.

I also avoid the wizards.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

your right, they were in the subform which I forgot to include. If you try to create one with the wizard, will the embedded macro show in the event tab?

nick404 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    embedded macro goes in event tab if you use a wizard and I don't think you can access the macro and change it.

Ok. just opened a completely separate database I have and the same problem exists. this must be a problem with my computer or user settings. Does anybody know what i did!?

I have always changed the macro post-creation. I suddenly lost the ability to do that with new controls and events

June7 is offline VIP
    Yes, embedded macros can be edited.

I have no problem with wizard building embedded macro and the event property shows [Embedded Macro] in your form. Click the ellipsis (...) and the macro opens for editing.

I have no idea why you are not seeing this.

I have not yet worked with Access 2013. Does this issue persist in a new file?

nick404 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    I see you are using MSA '13. Did you perhaps recently upgrade from an older version (specifically 2003 or earlier) and are trying to use these older db's? I do not know how exactly this could impact your personal experience but I would suspect it could...

I created a blank database and and the problem persists.
    I did not update from a previous version. it was created in 2013 and is being viewed in 2013

June7 is offline VIP
    As noted above, Access 2010 not having this issue with your file.

Reinstall 2013?

after much frustration. that did not work. I am absolutely fuming. I don't know how to fix this

June7 is offline VIP
    So sorry, cannot replicate the issue with your posted db.

ok. here is the situation. i uninstalled office, then tried to reinstall to no avail (it only installed the stream version instead of putting the entire application on my computer (office vs office 365), but thats not really important). anyways. i completely wiped my computer, reinstalled access, and it is still happening. the same exact situation as before. can anyone please help me, I am so desperate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.