jmale is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Displaying completely unrelated data in report text boxes

Hi all,

First off, I would like to apologize in advance. I am very new to Access and have a very limited, self-taught understanding of the program. I'm sorry if what I'm asking is ridiculous or doesn't make any sense.

Anyway, I am currently in the process of making a report in Access 2010 to be printed out and posted in order to give instructions to certain employees. It consists of a table of multiple different parts of a final product and displays the amount of each that need to go into the final blend. This part of the report I was able to create easily. However, a second part of the report is that it needs to display certain run conditions that correspond to the final blend being created. Below the composition table, I would like to create several text boxes that display run instructions. I have been unsuccessful in pulling in these run conditions, as they are not related in any way to my query that pulls the data on the constituting components of the final blend. The main table in my report has up to 16 rows and 4 columns, while the query with the run conditions will have 1 row with about 10 columns. The data in one has nothing to do with the data in the other as far as Access is concerned.

Is there any way that I can format a report text box to pull data from a specific spot in a certain query that is not used anywhere else in the report? Something I can write in the control source perhaps?

Again, I'm sorry for my inexperience. I tried to keep the explanation short to avoid too many confusing things, but if anyone would like any more of a description please let me know.

Thank you!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Two options that come to mind are a DLookup() function and a subreport. For a single value, the DLookup() is simpler.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.