Just_O is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

New Records NOT showing in Form/Subform data

Hello,

new to the forum, and haven't had the time to search for similar threads. I have Access 2013 with a few glitchs I am trying to fix. I open a form "Training Data" that allows me to select an employee with a by name look up / drop down. Once employee is selected from drop down, fields on the form are filled in with selected data ie name, branch, email, etc. A sub form below shows specifics of various training, that is tied to that indvidual by EIN #. This was working great, but something/someone goofed something and now when I enter in new employees in to the db, I can see and try to select their names from drop down, so that query seems to be ok, however nothing else changes in the form.

I am a slight newb at access, wanting to expand my knowledge in general and figure this dilemma out. If there is someone that could help me troubleshoot this step by step that would be AWESOME!

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Would have to know more about data structure, form design, and code. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

The combobox is UNBOUND? What method are you using to accomplish the filter/search? Is code behind the combobox AfterUpdate event? Subform container control Master/Child Links properties are still set? Does the form open with all records available?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    As June7 suggested, your post is lacking in details we need to start trouble-shooting this for you. What have you done to the database, between it working and not working? Your statement "something/someone goofed something" suggests that this is a multi-user environment, if so, is it divided up into a Front End (with everything except the Tables...and a copy on each user's PC) and a Back End, with the Tables, on a shared drive?

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Just_O is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Thank you for quick replies! Sorry for lack of details, didnt want to provide anything unnecessary and only answer questions that those might have. Like I said I am pretty much a newbie at this with very limited knowledge, I took an example db and thru trial and error, a few Access for Dummies books, got this to work for me and what I needed. So specifics about design and structure, I won't be able to just rattle off.

Anyhow, Missinglink,yes this is a mutli user environment with FE/BE split. I have 2 versions of FEs; 1 for the full access to BE for unlimited users and 2nd for limted users which only allows very limited access to BE. Make a long story short, I stepped away from using this database and handed it off to a replacement of mine. That replacement never maintained it like they should and now here I am back trying to revive it to full function. I will try to upload the db both FE and BE, all personnel data records have been removed, but yet I added myself with some dummy info.

So again the issue(s) that are occurring will be I add new personnel to database in all forms (Awards Tracker, Evaluations Tracker, Leave Tracker) work correctly. However the Training Data Tracker does not show any new personnel added.

On second thought let me run this by my security officer to make sure I have removed all the data needed

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.