shilchey is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Reporting Issue...This should be an easy for anyone comfortable with Access... ;)

Hi everyone! It's Friday!

I have a quick question about getting too many values in my report. I have a report that combines 3 queries based on three tables which have one primary key in common (NCR Num). The only issue is that when I combine them together and run the report, I am getting ALL the entries from the tables, instead of just the entries that are associated with that one common primary key value (NCR Num). This is better explained visually in the reports attached.

Relationships: Shows the three tables and how they relate

Report Layout: Shows how I have done up the report in design layout

Report Results: Shows the extra values that I do not want. Ex. This is the report for NCR 19 but I am getting information for NCR 20 and 21 in the Problem Section and NCR Employee Section

Data Entry Form: Just shows the data entry for that feeds entries into all three tables.

Hopefully there is just something simple that I am missing. I have been stuck on this for 2 weeks now!

Thank you all for your consideration and have a terrific weekend.

Steve

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    didn't look at attachments cause I never download...but in general; reports are sourced on a query - so first is whether or not the query is returning the results you need.

if you have too many records in the query - then of course you will in the report.

so - perhaps you require a query returning Unique Values only (Access parlance) - look up this topic in help or in your textbook.....

it is possible you need to craft the query with Outer Join...where the relationship line is an arrow rather than just a line that forces all the records of one table but only matching records of the other.....another topic to look up....

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    The problem has to be in your query as mentioned above. Run the query independent of the report or any forms. Once it runs properly from the query design window, then check to make sure your query is properly pulling in the criteria from the user. Once that works, then check the report.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.