vlc1982 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Possible to populate a field for several new records with a date entered in textbox on a form?

Hello,

I'm a CPA, not a person who is extremely familiar with macros or code, so keep that in mind:

I have a form with a text box where the user enters a date and then clicks a button titled "Add." I've added an on-click event to the Add button that runs an append query that adds several records to a table [tblTracking]. I have a field in tblTracking called EndDate. I want the date that's entered into the text box by the user to be populated into all the new records added to the tblTracking when the append query is run. Currently, all fields in tblTracking are populated when the append query is run, except the EndDate field.

Is this possible? If so, how?

I've experimented with adding a separate on-click event that adds a record to a separate table containing only the date entered in the textbox and an auto-populated ID field. I thought there might be a way to utilize the ID field to pull the associated EndDate into the Tracking table, but I can't figure that out, either, since I don't know how to tell it to look at the date field in the last record of the table. That sounds unsafe anyway. Any suggestions are appreciated.

pbaldy is online now Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    You should be able to add the field to your append query, and get the date from textbox. In design view, you'd have a reference to the textbox in the "Field" row of the query:

Forms!FormName.TextboxName

Access will add an alias to the beginning, which you can edit or ignore (the default would look like "Expr1:").
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

vlc1982 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Worked perfectly. Thanks for your help!

pbaldy is online now Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    No problem, and welcome to the site by the way!
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.