stevek99022 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Smile Trying to figure out how to do NFL predictions by using past data from multiple tables.

Greetings Everyone. Newbie here. I am now at a crossroad with a project I've been working on for several months now. Let me explain. I have these tables set up. 1) tblTeams. 2) tblDefensiveStats. 3) tblOffensiveStats. Tables 2&3 hold data for the past 3 seasons for the 32 teams in the league.
    I've read enough about past statistics that game outcome predictions are possible using these figures, I just don't know how to get access to perform

these functions. Any help/guidance on this would be appreciated more than you know.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Have to do some calculations I guess, like averages and percentages. Research the use of aggregate (GROUP BY) Totals queries. If you have more complicated formulas that need to be programmed, what are they?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

stevek99022 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    I know this is possible as I have done it in excel several years ago. (GUI wasn't very attractive though), but nevertheless working. I've read something about a dlookup function but have not figured out how to make this work. I.E. I'm thinking a form would need to be created for team predictions that play each other that particular week. Offensive points gained to the other teams Offensive points allowed. Taking account for the current point spread for each team as well.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That gives me nothing to work with. There are no formulas in there. Exactly what did you do in Excel? DLookup is a domain aggregate function. What needs to be looked up?

I am also sure it is possible but you have not provided the information needed to program something. I have no idea what 'offensive points gained to the other teams offensive points allowed' means; nor what is involved in 'taking account for the current point spread for each team'.

If you want to build a database then suggest you study some tutorials to gain an understanding of what a database is for. http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.