Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The only other thing I can imagine is that there is a macro or code that is dependent on Design Time. You can test for compatibility during Run Time by changing the file extension from accdb to accdr. However, if this was the problem I would expect to see an error or something. The symptom you are experiencing is indicative of publishing an accde with a newer version or trying to run Macros created by a different version.

By, simply typing "r" to replace the "b", you are doing the equivalent of creating an accde, at least in appearance. Perhaps further testing by changing the extension is on order.

It seems the cause is not the Nav Pane being hidden.

blueman is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    The symptom you are experiencing is indicative of publishing an accde with a newer version or trying to run Macros created by a different version.It seems the cause is not the Nav Pane being hidden.
    Except that after publishing it as an ACCDE the database works fine. It's only after unchecking the nav pane that the problem arises.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    Except that after publishing it as an ACCDE the database works fine. It's only after unchecking the nav pane that the problem arises.
    Then there is code or a macro running that needs to be able to set focus on a table or a query. I forgot what it is exactly that needs this (I don't use it, it may be a macro). Maybe Paul remembers. It is a pretty obscure thing. Currently racking my brain to remember.

EDIT: Maybe a Docmd to open a Query Object

pbaldy is online now Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I'm going to post this to an MVP site (lotta people there smarter than I). Can you confirm these facts:

• Access 2007
    • accde user can always enter new records
    • if accde is created with the Show Nav Pane checkbox checked, user can edit existing records
    • if accde is created with the Show Nav Pane checkbox un-checked to hide the nav pane, user can not edit existing records

Is that an accurate summary of the situation?

Just thought of another question: if you uncheck the box on an accdb, can the other user still edit records? Also, with a failing accde, can you hit F11 to get to the nav pane and edit records directly in a table? In other words, is the problem isolated to forms, or are tables also affected?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

blueman is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    I'm going to post this to an MVP site (lotta people there smarter than I). Can you confirm these facts:

• Access 2007
    • accde user can always enter new records
    • if accde is created with the Show Nav Pane checkbox checked, user can edit existing records
    • if accde is created with the Show Nav Pane checkbox un-checked to hide the nav pane, user can not edit existing records

Is that an accurate summary of the situation?

Just thought of another question: if you uncheck the box on an accdb, can the other user still edit records? Also, with a failing accde, can you hit F11 to get to the nav pane and edit records directly in a table? In other words, is the problem isolated to forms, or are tables also affected?
    Yes to all of the bullet points except that nav pane was unchecked after the accde was created.

I will try and check your other suggestions tomorrow.

I will add that I took his accde to my machine and linked it to a BE, unchecked the nav pane and it worked fine. There still may be some weird permission thing on his machine, but why would it only manifest after the nav panel was unchecked?? Strange
    Last edited by blueman; 06-22-2015 at 07:45 PM. Reason: left out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.