trobwal is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Need help building databas

Hey guys

I'm new here and first off i understand the very basics of Access.

For our bussiness i need some sort of cliënt database with invoicing.

We have cliënts with multiple cars and i need some sort of database to keep track of this.

Bassicly what i need is the following.

I need a cliënt database with possibility to add multiple vehicules per cliënt
    I need to be able to search on vehicule so i can see the cliënt connected to the vehicule
    I need a form in wich i can make an invoice with the possibility to automatic get the cliënts details and add one of his vehicules (and only the vehicules listed to that person.

What i know of access like said are the very rudementary basics like making tables, forms and relations but that's where the fun ends.

What i would like help with is, how many tables, forms and qeury's do i need to make this work, the end result has to be easy enough to let someone with no access knowledge to use the database as well so preferably with some easy buttons like "add vehicule" "add cliënt" and "make invoice".

Please help me.

Kind regards Jonas

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I suggest you work through this tutorial to get some experience in designing a database.
    It has all the steps to identify the proper tables and relationships. From experience I can assure you that getting your tables and relationships designed to meet your business is critical.

You can use what you learn to build your own database. But you need a clear description of your business requirements.
    Good luck.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    yes, all this is possible. Lookup forms, master/child relationship, subforms.

trobwal is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    i know it is possible just can't do it on my own. for example i have made 3 tables now, cliënts, vehicule's and invoice's, cliënts is Obvious and vehicules i can choose to wich cliënt the vehicule belongs to, in invoice's i can choose a cliënt to add to the invoice and vehicule but i get all the vehicule's, not just the one's belonging to the cliënt wich i choose for the invoice.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Did you look at and work through the tutorial I suggested?
    You need a clear description of your business processes. It is critical to get your tables designed to meet your needs.
    Build a model, as in the tutorial, and test it with some test data. You can do this part with pencil and paper.
    Once you have a working model, use it as a blueprint to build your database.

Readers here can help with Access and syntax --but tables and relationships(design) is the key.

Here is another(outline) approach to highlight what is involved.
    Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.