aaslezak is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Updating with select

I am not sure how to do this in access if it is an update query or what but I am trying to update a field based on a summary query. I want it to be one of three values depending on the calculation. Here is the calculation
    Select
    When =datediff("d", date(), [Implementation Date]) - ([SumOfRemaining Hours]/6) < 1
    Project color status = 'Red'
    When =datediff("d", date(), [Implementation Date]) - ([SumOfRemaining Hours]/6) >= 1 and <= 3

Project color status = 'Yellow'
    When =datediff("d", date(), [Implementation Date]) - ([SumOfRemaining Hours]/6) > 3
    Project color status = 'Green'
    Endselect

Project color status is a character field here is my update query is there some way to fill in the update field for different selections I cannot seem to get to VBA from this point on the properties sheet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project Listing Update Project Status query.JPG  

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Normally, should not save calculated dated to table, calculate when needed. If this calc can be done in a query to update table, it can be done when needed in form or report. Why save color values to table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.