datahead is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Not sure where to start with this one....

I will say up front that I am still pretty new at creating Access front ends for anything.

In my job we use an online database for entering case notes for the people we deal with. It is just an HTML front end for a MYSQL database that is stored in "the cloud". I have no idea how much they pay per month for this service but I imagine it is a fairly large sum. For the time being this will not change.

In my department (three people) I have created an Access 2007 split database that we use for inventory and equipment loans. I am currently building a new SQL 2014 back end and Access 2007 front end. I will slowly but (hopefully) surely be introducing front end interfaces to other departments to take up the slack of the online database we all have to use.

For the online database we have to use narrative case notes. This basically means there is a lot of repetitive typing to describe issues. I began to create an HTML form that allows me to enter a persons name, age, height, weight, etc; select a few pull downs and have it fill in all the repetitive words for me. Copy and paste into the online database form and I spare myself some typing.

Is there a way to incorporate my note taking cheat sheet into a form on the Access front end? I would like to be able to select the persons record and have it populate their pertinent information. I would like to have a series of buttons that would construct the narrative text for me so that it could be copied into the online form.

Would this be done with macros or with visual basic?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    It's probably done by having the 'boilerplate' info in a table and selecting record ID from a combobox list into another table associated with the person. This is a many-to-many relationship.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.