Hi, I have a database that I created long time ago on a Access 97 Chinese version. It has both English and Chinese content, and was working fine on my old machine with Chinese Win98. I decided it is time to upgrade to a modern version of Access and thus acquire Access 2007. Originally, I was going to directly convert the whole database (tables, forms, queries) to 2007, but the operation failed for reasons I don't quite understand. I then decided to create a new database in 2007 and just import the tables from the old database to the new one. The import was successful except all the Chinese content become unreadable. I can still read the English content but anything used to be in Chinese now is gubbish. I checked the language setting on both the OS (Win7) and Access 2007, and they both have Chinese language package installed. I then tried adding new Chinese content to the table and the new content show up without any issue. I am guessing this must be a issue of Unicode vs. ASCII .... some how the unicode content in Chinese version Access is imported as ASCII content by English version (???). I did some search and could not find a solution. I don't want to loose the data that took me 10+ years to collect. So, I am hoping someone here have seen the same/similar issue before or knows the root cause for it. Any help or suggestion is welcomed. Thank you.