WithoutPause is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Splitting database: "There are no tables"

I try to split a database and get this message. What I am trying to do in general. I have a copy of a database in my documents folder that got split. I then moved the database outside of there and into a folder that other users can access. The problem is the database is pointing back to the split part that is still in my documents area and any other user gets an error message about not having access to it. I'm trying to do a split of the database in the current folder so everybody can has access to it, but again, I get the error message about there being no tables even though there obviously is.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I place my backend files in a network share where the appropriate Users have write and execute privileges. When you link tables, it is recommended to use UNC (Universal Naming Convention). If you use mapped drives to navigate to the share and the BE file, you will have to have the same mapped drive on each Client PC. Avoid mapped drives by using UNC.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    You can't split the database because it is already split. To resolve your problem, you need to go into the front end, and relink the data tables to point to the new location for them. Moving a database does not automatically change the linked table pointers.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by John_G View Post
    You can't split the database because it is already split...
    That's what I was initially thinking but after reading the OP a few times, I am guessing there are multiple issues. One issue is there are no tables in one of the files.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.