Mandody is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Form Tweaks

Hello All,

I need help from the pros. Referring to my attached screen shot - two things. When I select a song from the combo drop-down list in the header, I want it to display the appropriate record in the form (which it does) but I don't want it to highlight the Song Title in black (as per the screen shot). How can I prevent this?

Also, you'll see that the sections entitled Chords, Notes, Effects and Like are spaced very far apart. This doesn't look good, but some records have a lot of data in these fields and I want all the data to be visible without using scroll bars. Can I get the form fields to increase and decrease in size according to their content, and the lower sections to automatically move up to fill the empty space so it all looks neat?

Many thanks in advance for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Add an unbound field, then set the property TAB ORDER =0. This is the default start object.

as for the box size, see if there is a setting propery CAN SHRINK

Thanks ranman, did as you suggested - just put an unbound field on the form and made it invisible, but now I get a flashing cursor in a weird place on the form (where I put the unbound field). It's a bit annoying. Maybe I haven't understood you correctly. I'm an Access Novice btw, but I'm sure you could tell.

Tried the 'can shrink' option before, but it doesn't do anything at all. Field size stays the same.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    I didn't think shrink worked on forms. Just reports.

and making the box invisible doesn't work, it must be visible for the cursor to access it. So the cursor jumped to another visible box.

I don't want the cursor to be flashing anywhere until I click in a box. Is this possible?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.