SethG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Browse to macro within Tab Control

Hello,

Is it possible to use the "Browse To" macro within a subform on a Tab Control (Not a navigation form). I am trying to set up the "path to subform control" in a "Browse to" macro. I am not using a navigation form but instead am using the Tab Control feature. On my third tab I have two subforms; one that displays all of the records within a related document set in datasheet view, and a subform that displays each of these records individually. I want to be able to click on a record in my datasheet view and have it populate the main form.

I am just trying to figure out what the "Path to Subform Control" should be. All of the examples I have found are using Browse to on a navigation form and not a tab control.

My Main form is called "BRC Form", The form in datasheet view that I want to make my selection from is called "BiomarkerSubFrm", and the form I want the data to populate into is called "Copy of BiomarkerQry"

In the "On Click" event, I have added a browseto macro. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subfrm.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	20430

Here is the macro I am trying to mimic from the Contacts Web Database. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Browseto.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	20431

Here is what I have so far. As you can see I am trying to figure out the proper code for my Path to Subform Control.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Browseto3.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	20432

Again, this is not a navigation form so I need an extension that will work within this tab control.

Thanks,

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you trying to mimic a split form?

I don't use macros, only VBA and I am not familiar with BrowseTo.

How is the TempVars ID variable set?

I expect the pathing would have to reference the subform container name. I always name container different from the object it holds, like ctrDetails.

[ctrDetails]!ID
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.