kets0985 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Hold records along with time and start again once clicked

Hello All,

I am preparing a database to track the daily activities of my team. This is a real time database wherein the users will add their daily ongoing task and submit.

The action for me is, I need to capture the time required for each task.

Also, there is a possibility that the user will have to hold a task for a while/days due to some issue and will start another task. Once they have a feedback on the issue they will resume the pending/holded task.

Here, I need to capture only the time they have invested in performing the task and ignore the time spent to receive feedback on the issue. Hence the time should start when they start the activity and pause when they hold the activity. Again, the time should continue where they had paused, when they re-start the holded activity and finally ends when the submit.

I have tried several ways, but unfortunately could not able to do it.

Needed your help in this case and any suggestion from your side is welcome.

I have attached my file so that you will get an idea of my database.

Thank you very much.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

There is a duplicate post here, which also describe the same thing and includes a file as an attachment wherein I need to include the above describe part.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/...=1#post1423281

The reason why I have posted a duplicate post is, here in his post I could not able to upload a sample file due to size limit. The file exceed the limit.

Please refer the duplicate post as well to have a look at the sample file.
    Last edited by kets0985; 04-19-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Please see the below information which give a brief introduction how your database works and the part where I need assistance.

I am preparing a database which will be use to track daily user's activity. Suppose they have started a particular activity then they will select the activity in Routine form and once they complete that they will submit along with the counts.

The different between Routine and Adhoc is, there are pre-define activities in Routine which the users need to select from dropdown and adhoc can be anything hence they would need to define name for that activity by themselves and enter that activity.

I am struggling on the part where the user should be able to hold an ongoing activity and move to another activity. The action will be like this start (Start time) then select hold and submit(end time). Again go the activity kept on hold, so start (start time) and select completed and submit (End time). Now the total time required to complete the activity should show Start time to Hold (End time ) + again (Start time) to completed (End time).

Also they should be able to select on the activity kept on hold, in a table to query may be, by clicking on the button.

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know if require more information on this.
    Last edited by kets0985; 04-19-2015 at 07:22 AM.

The reason for creating duplicate thread is because I am not able to upload my file due to size limit. Hence tried another forum.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    There is no problem having duplicate threads, just include in the post a link to the other thread and the reason for duplication.

You are getting responses on the other thread, which also has your uploaded files - so I would post on this thread requesting responders to reply on the other thread if they can

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.