ictcrystal is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

Signing in

Hello,

ive got an update query that works perfect and is run on a button on my form which enters the current time of when it is clicked onto its related field on the form displaying a list of customers and their appointment.

i was wondering if anyone knew how when a customer has been signed in and out and both fields are filled, how i could make this record be removed from the form?
    because what is happening at the moment is people sign in and out and if i were to have a lot of customers this strategy would be really weak as the records would remain in place and the user would have to scroll down constantly to find their name from the list of appointemts ( displayed in order so easy to find but just lengthly)

Can someone give me some advice
    thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Apply filter criteria to the form Recordset. Requery the form after this field value is entered.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

hiya could you explain in more detail if possible? like what would i need to write for the criteria? thakns

June7 is offline VIP
    Don't know your data structure.

Maybe something like:

Form RecordSource:
    SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE DateTimeOut Is Null;

Then code in DateTimeOut textbox AfterUpdate event:
    Me.Requery
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

im really rubbish with access.. im not understanding

But i have 2 seperate update queries so im not sure what goes where?

The form RecordSource:
    SELECT * FROM tablename WHERE DateTimeOut Is Null; -------------------> my sign in update query

Then code in DateTimeOut textbox AfterUpdate event:
    Me.Requery -----------------------------> where does this go? on my form where the button is??

June7 is offline VIP
    That is not an UPDATE query - it is just a SELECT query that would be the RecordSource of a form.

Have you ever built any VBA code procedures? Need to learn how to code in Access - either macros or VBA or both. Start with https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-DAB7C75CBE0C

The Me.Requery code would be in textbox AfterUpdate event. Select the textbox on form in Design View. Look at the Events tab of Property Sheet. Find AfterUpdate event and select [Event Procedure]. Click the ellipsis (...) to open the VBA editor. Type code into the procedure.

hey..
    what i mean is the sign in and sign out fields already run update queries that i previously made..

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.