newbieX is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Forced to tab twice on last field of datasheet view form to enter new record

I have a subform that is displayed in datasheet view that when I get to the end of the record I have to hit the tab or return key twice before it goes to a new record.

There are some fields that are not visible at the beginning and end of the tab order box that I do not want to enter data into so their the Tab Stop property is set to No.
    There is one field that is visible but not enable and locked. It's Tab Stop property is also set to No

The main form's and subform Cycle property are both set to All Records.

There are no events fired on the last field tabbed to where Tab Stop property = Yes.

The only event fired on the After Update property of the subform is making certain columns visible.

The only event fired on the Before Update property of the subform is checking to make sure all required fields are filled out and if not popping up a message box and making required field the focus.

There are some fields that are selected in the Record Source that are not present on the subform at all.

After I tab twice to go to a new record, if I go up one record and tab through the record again, I only have to tab once at the end of the form to go to a new record.

This is driving me crazy. Any idea why this happening and what I can do to make it so I only have to tab once?

Thanks

Perceptus is offline Expert
    I would check your tab index or if you right click the form with the issue and choose "Tab Order" from the context menu. Make sure that field list is correct and that you dont have anything extra in the list at the bottom.

newbieX is offline Competent Performer
    I looked at the Tab Order Menu and the order of the tabs are correct. There is nothing below the last tabbed field in the Tab Order list. I deleted and readded the last field on the form and still have to tabbed twice to go to new record.

Perceptus is offline Expert
    Not a real fix for your issue, but there is a hotkey for new records. You may also try Shift + Enter to save the record first, then Control+Plus to create a new record.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.