TazoTazmaniac is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

'Remind Me In...' button with combo box to 'sleep' reminder for x amount of time?

Hi all,

I have created an AutoExec macro that will open up a pop up form on database open if there are any appointments that need rebooking (checks if there are any that are 7 or more days overdue) and then it lists the data. I have added in a combo box that has a list of values (1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, etc.) and what I would like to do (if it is possible) is to make the pop up box open after that amount of time. I'm sure it would involve the DateAdd function [DateAdd(h,2,Now())?] and the If function for whichever value is selected in the combo box, but I'm not sure what else to look at. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

amrut is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You have to use the form timer and not the DateAdd function. For a trial, set the timer interval to 5000( the timer interval is always in milliseconds) and put the following code in the form's timer event.
    Code:
     MsgBox " tiime up " 
    Me.timerInterval=0
    the message will show after 5 seconds . But, I think no other code/access functions will run till that time interval passes.

Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    But, I think no other code/access functions will run till that time interval passes.
    So I won't be able to use the database normally until those hours are done? If that's the case, I'm not sure that's what I want. Is there any other way?

amrut is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Give it a try, I am not sure if other code/functions will work.

Thank you, it seems to work. I tried your code, made the message box timer a little longer and then added a button to do something else (i.e. open a form, open another message box). When clicking the button it worked fine and the original message box still popped up after the time stated. I think that's what you meant, right?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.