shilchey is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Problems with Duplicates in Report - Relationship issue?

Hi everyone,

I would like to start off by saying that it is a pleasure to join this site with you all and I look forward to contributing to the community.

I do have a simple question that has been plaguing me for several days. Instead of just attempting to describe the issue in a confusing text format (as I'm sure happens a lot on here) I have included snap shots of the form as well as the relationships. Hopefully this will give you a better visual representation of the problem. Please refer to the attached images.

In a nutshell I have a data entry form that is based on a query of the main NCR Table. Included in this form are two query subreports 'NCR Employee' and 'Problem Section'. This is because there can be multiple entries (ie: problems) per main NCR entry.

Now I would like to create reports based on these tables but I am constantly running into duplication issues. I would like to have information from the main NCR table, as well as display the multiple entries from both the "NCR Employee" section as well as the "Problem section". The problem is that when I put the Subreports on the main report, I get many duplicates in the details section.

This is likely an easy fix but having not done a database in awhile it's amazing how quickly you get rusty! Your responses are appreciated.

ConneXionLost is offline Simulacrum
    Windows XP Access 2003
    As far as relationships are concerned, it is usually best to avoid making "circles", like the one you have between these four tables:

NCR_Table
    NCR Employee
    Problem Identification
    Problem Section

This is an indicator that you should try a different table relationship arrangement.

Cheers,

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.