Hello, I need some help! I have an Access 2000.mdb split Front and Back End Database on a Network for a multiple user environment. The connections work fine, the server path is fine, all data is accessed on log in using an OpenDB.bat file that copies the front end to the User C Drive. This file is used to launch new updates as well. Here is what happens:

1. User 1 can log into the database instantly using a shortcut to the .bat file.
  2. User 2 logs in and has to wait 3 to 4 minutes while the Windows 7 spinning icon runs. User 2 does get into the database but it takes long.
  3. User 3 logs in and has the same issue.
  4. Once all Users are in the database, they can work without problems updating the tables.

I tried this test on my organizations network and I was able to log in multiple users without having the "wait issue". What could be the problem here. Client is using (2) Windows 7 machines and (1) XP.

The other thing is this: This is an Access 2000.mdb database developed on Access 2007 and being opened and updated using Access 2010. Is it the software maybe. Any help is greatly appreciated, I don't understand why it would work on my network and not theirs. Thanks so much in advance.