eluhnabroad is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Report shows all records, but only prints every 5th one???

Hello,

This one is really bizarre to me. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see where it is. It's a fairly simple report, no grouping, criteria for a couple of fields and a sort, but otherwise nothing fancy at all.

It works as expected when I run it in Report View, but in Print Preview or when printing it's printing the first record, skipping four, printing the fifth, skipping four, etc. There are no gaps in the printout, it's just not printing all the lines. As far as I can see there's nothing odd with the margins or layout.

This mystifies me, but I hope it's obvious to somebody. It does "smell" to me like a facepalm-type issue.

Here's the SQL, if it helps:

SELECT tblInventory.ITEM, tblInventory.DESC, tblInventory.QTY, tblInventory.[UNIT COST], tblInventory.CustomersID, tblCustomers.CompanyName, tblInventory.CAS_Number, tblInventory.UNIT_OF_MEASURE, tblInventory.UnitQty
    FROM tblInventory INNER JOIN tblCustomers ON tblInventory.CustomersID = tblCustomers.ID
    WHERE (((tblInventory.ITEM) Like "7[1-9]-*") AND ((tblInventory.QTY)>0))
    ORDER BY tblInventory.DESC DESC;

TIA

eluhnabroad is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    SOLVED - It had to do with the columns layout. It was set to 5 columns, changed it to 1. A facepalm-type issue, as I suspected. It was "printing" five records across on a 42-1/2-inch wide page, only 8-1/2 inches of which were in our time-space continuum.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.