james56 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Issue with multi users , thought that a Access rep or Dell rep might reply .

I hope someone can help. I have a database that had been running for years and it is sick. Here is what is happening. When user 1 logs in to the database it works fine but when user 2 logs in , the database just sits there and when access finally starts then the table become corrupt. If user 1 logs off then user 2 access starts immediately.This started when we went thru an upgrade with our server and Access. We were running XP office 2007 on Dell server with Windows OS 2006. We are now running Windows7 pro with new Dell server.

I have a FE on desktops of user 1 and 2 with client settings set to shared. I have a BE on the network folder set to full privileges. I have tested with simple form and simple table with same results.
    Any Ideas ?

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Is there a separate front end on each user's PC?

Yes there is a separate front end on each user's PC .

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Thanks for the reply orange . I looked at the sites but didnt see the magic check box . Access was such a great way to keep up with our data . But thank you .

Rawb is offline Expert
    Try logging user 1 into user 2's computer and see if they have the same problem (You may want to replace the FE on user 2's computer first. Just in case there's some sort of corruption that can't be fixed by a Compact & Repair).

Thanks Rawb , I will try that .....user 1 and user 2 were with a simple be/fe test table and test form . There were about 25 using the database untill the upgrade . Do you use your 2010 database on a network ?
    Thanks for your reply .

Rawb is offline Expert
    Yes, we have a networked Access database where I work.

The users have a copy of the Access 2010 Runtime on their computers. Each computer also has it's own copy of the FE database stored on their C drive. The BE database is stored on our file server and is accessed through a mapped drive. We have 8 users that concurrently run the database at our facility.

Although I've never had problems with it at our facility, other locations in the company have reported issues similar to what you're experiencing. When they were able to resolve them, it was always by replacing the user profile on the local computer. In those issues where it couldn't be fixed, a new computer was provided with an SSD (although I suspect the act of replacing the computer did more to resolve the issue than putting in an SSD did).

Thanks again Rawb , i will look into the SSD . I have suspected something on the network . The same issue has happened in other departments in company . I just got frustrated by seeing one speadsheet that turned into 6 , and thought I would ask the forum again .

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.