Nod_Swerdna is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

POS Terminals not updating Database in real time.

I have added a POS module to my Computer Store Management System. I am having an issue with the database. I have two invoicing terminals. When I create a new invoice on one POS terminal, the resulting invoice does not show up on the other POS terminal until I close and reopen the POS form. (and Vice-Versa). I have previously split the database into Frontend and Backend. Although the Invoices are being created with the correct sequential invoice number from either terminal, when you look at the history from either terminal you only see recent invoices from that terminal. This means you have to return to the terminal that the invoice was created on to view a particular invoice. I have patched the problem by closing and reopening the Invoicing form when you double click the 'New Invoice' button which forces the form to re-read the database. I am having similar issues with my other modules as well but they are not as pressing. If I solve the POS problem I can solve them all.

- Does anyone know of a coding trick to force a form to reread the database.

- If I switch to a SQL database will the problem go away.

Thanks in advance...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Forms should automatically refresh/requery periodically. This is a database setting. However, code can also force a refresh/requery: Me.Requery
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Thank you for your help. I will try Me.Requery, although I think I tried it already. I have record locking turned off on this form and I was wondering if I set it to 'Current Record' if it would update the database after I exit the current record. My problem only occurs after I create a new record, if I alter an existing record it updates the other workstation almost immediately. (sometimes needs a refresh)
    I will try the other record locking settings and let you if it helps...
    Thanks.

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Can anyone think of anything else I can try to resolve this issue...
    Thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.