sbrady19 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

newbie qu: make it here use it there

I am making a database for work. I will get Access installed on my computer. I am making this for a co-worker who will need to use it to its fullest potential but does not know how to make it. That is my job. My question is, will she need to have Access on her computer too. Will I share the master database over our network. Will Access make some kind of universal file that she and others can acess. How will this all work. Thanks. I need a lot of help. Found 13 tutorials on YouTube that I believe will help me get started making our database. We make 700 videos a year and the powers to be are starting to ask for specific kinds of videos like:

We need a video that involves a couple, in the USA, who gave money, and who called our company to tell us about the result of tithing.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    She will need Access, but there is a free runtime version available from Microsoft. Typically an application is split into a back end file that just contains the tables and a front end file with everything else. The back end is on a shared folder on the network, each user has a copy of the front end on their PC.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

sbrady19 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    cool, I was hoping this type of answer would pop up. So for the runtime app, do you just open the file on the server and you're good to go.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Well, as I mentioned here and was described on the link I gave you previously, the file you open (the front end) would normally be on the user's PC, not the server. The runtime version of Access needs to be installed on each user's PC.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.