hinkwale is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Validation Rules

Hello, please help with the validation rules i've been struggling with for days.

I'm trying to apply some validation rules to the db attached but i'm getting the following error message when attempting to put a validation rule on the following tables: (invalid sql syntax – cannot use multiple columns in a column-level CHECK constraint)
    Tables: PrimaryFindingOwner, SecondaryOwner, TargetRemediationDate, FindingID, RecID, FindingRemediationDate.
    Please help with the error cs i'm clueless as to how to fix this.
    Please see attached file for the problems i'm facing with validation rules. There's a spreadsheet with rules i'm getting an error when vaidating the db tables.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You keep creating new threads on same topic instead of continuing discussion in existing thread with a new post. Please don't do that.

I have reviewed your files and not making sense. You need to describe a specific issue and your attempts IN A THREAD POST. What is the exact Validation Rule expression you tried for the TargetRemediationDate field?

I never set Validation Rule in table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by hinkwale View Post
    Hello, please help with the validation rules i've been struggling with for days.
    I'm trying to apply some validation rules to the db attached but i'm getting the following error message when attempting to put a validation rule on the following tables: (invalid sql syntax – cannot use multiple columns in a column-level CHECK constraint)
    Tables: PrimaryFindingOwner, SecondaryOwner, TargetRemediationDate, FindingID, RecID, FindingRemediationDate.
    Please help with the error cs i'm clueless as to how to fix this.
    Please see attached file for the problems i'm facing with validation rules. There's a spreadsheet with rules i'm getting an error when vaidating the db tables.

Thanks
    You're trying to use column validation rules to check data against other columns. You can't do that. You can only compare data against columns in TABLE validation rules. Also, you're using the wrong terms which makes understanding your problem and how to solve it very difficult.

It looks like you're trying to add validation for the following:
    Table: E2E Finding and Recommendations
    Columns: PrimaryFindingOwner, SecondaryOwner, TargetRemediationDate, FindingID, RecID, FindingRemediationDate

What specific validation rules are you trying to set up?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.