vad77 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Form design question - Form to view Audit trail

I have an audit trail built into my database and was wondering if there is a way to build a form to view the data in the audit table. I would like to be able to see the EditFrom and EditTo and if possible somehow highlight the field(s) that were changed for that particular audit record. Is something like this possible?
    I already have a form to view audit trail data, it has a subform built as a continuous table. Then on my main form I have a control button to open that form based on the contractor index number so I only see any entries for that particular record.
    This allows me to view all changes for that record but I have to scroll and look for what is changed.
    Any suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

Vito

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You want to highlight related data from different records? This would be very, very, very complicated and would require somehow using Conditional Formatting.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

vad77 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    That's what I thought. It's not very important that I have this but it would be nice. The only field that I find that is unique but the same entry for both the EditFrom and EditTo is the date/time field which is the same down to the second. I'm wondering if there is a way to group by that field. I will just mess with it and see what I can do without going to an outside compare program.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can sort records.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.