RobG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Access 2013 - always show totals in a crosstab query

I have a crosstab query showing invoice values by month. When I run the query, I can click the sigma icon (Totals) in the Home ribbon Records group to display a row with totals for each appropriate column. When I close the query, I am prompted to save the change to the design, but next time I open the query, the Totals feature is off again. The net result is always having to turn the Totals row on, and always getting prompted to save the change. Is there a way to enable the Totals feature by default so these two steps are eliminated?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    In my experience, no.

Could try building a report based on the crosstab and have calcs in report footer.

However, building a report to run perpetually on crosstab can be tricky. Review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RobG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    OK, thanks. It's a shame - in earlier versions of Access, it used to be possible to automate menu items using a macro. Presumably this would require finding out what function is invoked by the button in the ribbon and writing VBA to invoke the same function. It would be nice to at least disable the prompt when closing the query - getting prompted to save something which can't be saved is a bit bizarre!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.