Delta729 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Filter Split Form using listboxes

I've set up a split form for data entry on a form called "frmqryTask" that once opened, I'd like to be able to filter using list box controls.
    (I'm pretty much a novice here, so please bare with me).

I've set up a couple of different reports with cascading list boxes to only pull in the information wanted on the reports and would basically like "more or less" the same functionality within a split form. I know I could do this before the form is actually launched using the same cascading list boxes, however the users need to easily by able to filter once inside the form. (I tried to show a couple people how to filter on the bottom section on a column called "SourceName" and they would up changing the values. SourceName is linked to another table as a combo box thru the lookup wizard in the table setup.)

There will probably be three different list boxes to allow for different filtering based on the combination of the values for; 1) SourceName 2) SourceNameType; 3) SourceNameStatus. If someone could send me to a "easy to understand" article that describes how this could be done that would show the code or even if there is a sample db that someone set up; it would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the web and couldn't really find anything that would work.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Options for filtering a form:

1. dynamic parameterized query (I don't use this) http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...tomfilter.html

2. VBA to construct filter criteria and set form Filter property http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62code.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Delta729 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Thanks June7. I used the first option as this is basically what I do for the cascading list boxes as well. It wasn't working for me before, (I forgot to add the request after update). The video showed reminded me.

Thanks for the links.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.