ianc2903 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Date query

I volunteer for an organisation that relies on public subscriptions. I want to create an access report to list subscribers, but NOT if they have resubscribed already. I have set up a query that lists subscription date and subscribers' details but am stuck on how to get it to list my requirements. The subscriber details are never removed, so there are subscribers with several entries where "date subscribed" <=now() and also >now().
    I'm thinking I can somehow group them, list them in descending subscribed date order and don't display duplicates...but I can't get my head around the logic required. I am not a programmer.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Ian

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How do you determine they have 'resubscribed'? Maybe you just need to list those who don't have active subscription? This means calculating the expiration date. If the expiration date is <=Date() then they have not 'resubscribed'.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ianc2903 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ianc2903 View Post
    I volunteer for an organisation that relies on public subscriptions. I want to create an access report to list subscribers, but NOT if they have resubscribed already. I have set up a query that lists subscription date and subscribers' details but am stuck on how to get it to list my requirements. The subscriber details are never removed, so there are subscribers with several entries where "date subscribed" <=now() and also >now().
    I'm thinking I can somehow group them, list them in descending subscribed date order and don't display duplicates...but I can't get my head around the logic required. I am not a programmer.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated
    Ian
    Thanks June7...That was my original thought, but when I created the query based on that, I had a mental aberration thinking that logic wouldn't work for some reason...Then I realised what it was...The problem that I'm faced with, which is what I cannot figure is the multiple entries for each subscriber, so some will exist and will have a Date Due <now() but they may also have a Date Due>Now()...in other words they have re-subscribed. I don't want them in my list I only want the ones with only a Date Due<now(). They don't want to send a reminder to those who have already subscribed...if that makes sense? By ignoring Due Date >now I will just omit that particular entry, but last year's and any year before entries will still be displayed. I need all entries for that particular subscriber to be ignored if they have a Due Date>Now()

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.